Friday, August 19, 2011

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre - 1974 VS 2003

Well, I'm going to start doing a Original VS Remake article about everyday, and, with the help of my friend, I'm going to kick it off with Texas Chain Saw Massacre!



So, let's compare the movie, shall we?









Let's start off with leading ladies, Sally (Marilyn Burns) or Erin (Jessica Biel).

Honestly, I couldn't stand Sally in the beginning, she was way too bitch, in my opinion. Pam would've been a better lead, if you ask me. Erin, on the other hand, was also a bitch, but a bitch in a way that made you like her because she was entertaining with her bitchiness. So the remake wins this category.


The infamous hitchhiker scenes... which one was better?

The original one was better, hands down. I liked the weird, creeper-vibe that the original hitchhiker gave as opposed to the sympathetic vibe the remake hitchhike gave. The fact that she blew her head off in the car kinda killed it for me. But, the hitchhiker in the original was A+. I love the part where he takes a picture of everyone then burns it, it makes you wonder, "What the hell is this guy's problem?" but think he's great, at the same time, plus he has more than one scene in the movie, and makes it to the sequel, which he was even creeper in. You go, hitchhiker!


Which Leatherface was better?

In my opinion, they're both equally great. I loved everything about the original, especially all the noises he made and awkward thing he did while he was killing everyone. But, I loved how creepy and mysterious he was in the remake, like, how he didn't do anything but focus on one thing while he was doing whatever he was doing. So, I guess they both win this one.


Which movie did you like more?

The original, hands down. It was by far the scariest Texas Chain Saw ever. It gave me nightmares for the longest time when my mom rented it on VHS back when I was 8 or 9. Espcially Marilyn Burns' chase scene, so fucking intense. I still get scared when I watch that scene. Crazy shit. I didn't like all the awkward, misplaced, and un-needed sub-plots, I mean, what is up with the whole little kid with fucked up teeth thing? It just slowed the movie down a lot. It wasn't really scary, either. The chase scene, which should've been the most terrifying scene like in the original, was terrible. I just didn't like this movie, really. Original wins~


Which one do YOU like better? Original, or remake? Let me know!

Expect another, more detailed, comparison tomorrow or Sunday! This one was a little short because I stray as far away form these movies as possible, too scary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment