Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mirrors 2 (2010): Review

Remember that one movie where that one girl ripped her jaw off? What was it called... oh yeah! Mirrors. Quite possibly the worst film Alexandre Aja had directed.

                                                           The infamous jaw-rip

Well, bad films always spawn worse sequels don't they? Well, in this case, no. Mirrors 2 has been getting some pretty harsh reviews and I don't think that's fair. I mean I don't think there was anything bad about this movie at all really. To be honest I thought it was great. The story line is sooo much better than the first one, I can't even explain how better it was. Here's a breif summary that doesn't make the movie sound as great as it is..

Max is a security guard who works in a boutique store, where the previous security guard suffered mental breakdown. However, Max begins to become haunted by visions of a girl in mirrors, and his co-workers begin to die gruesome deaths.

This 'girl' Max see's doesn't just kill for no reason, it's a very good reason in my opinion, and she doesn't just kill random people, she kills people involved with a situation that caused her death.

So anyways I think this movie is great, it's not exactly suspenseful until the end but I like that.

If you're just looking for a fun, creative, gorey movie then this is for you. I'll spoil one amazing death involving that one girl form Even Stevens...the good girl..hm.. oh yeah, Christy Carlson Romano. Remember Louis's good-girl sister Ren? Well, she's no good-girl in this movie. This once Disney teen star can now be considered an adult because well, there's this one scene, involving her, a shower, no clothes, shall I say more? Though there's no full frontal nudity, we do get to see her boobs and some butt. I smell win. But what I found even better in her 'main' scene is her death. So here's what goes down: Jenna (Romano) is in the shower, cuts her leg shaving gets out to stop the bleeding, when she looks down her reflection in the mirror in front of her doesn't move with her. Noticing this Jenna just stares confused and her reflection pounds the mirror causing Jenna to jump back, slip on her robe, fall through her shower's glass doors. Laying there confused and in pain a piece of glass hanging loosely falls and decapitates her.

 
                                                         The results of Jenna's death.

So I highly recomend seeing this movie, not for just this scene (Which CAN be viewed here on my youtube channel) but for the movie itself, it's sooo much better than the first movie, I can't even explain how great it is.

                                                      Buy It Rent it Download it

The DVD also comes with the original Korean version "Into The Mirror" which i haven't gotten around to watch all of yet but from what I saw it was pretty good.

                                                      Angela and Jenna pictures are mine.
                                                       DVD cover is from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment