Saturday, August 6, 2011

Final Destination 5..? [Spoilers]

Well, I've been dreading this movie after it was announced a few weeks after the bloody mess The Final Destination was. Luckily, the teaser trailer that was release earlier this year saved me from having bad thoughts [about the film.] The fact that Emma Bell [Frozen, TV's The Walking Dead, 2 favorites of mine] is in it helps.


So, me being the impatient teenager that I am decided to troll IMDb [after the premier] for some spoilers.

Stop reading if you don't want the movie to be spoiled.

The deaths sound very.. original. Not original like The Final Destination, but original like the first installment, which is a pretty damn good thing.

The premonition deaths seem decent, someone falls onto a sailboat sail, another falls off the bridge and get hit by a falling car [ouch!]
Other deaths include people getting stabbed by falling poles, getting smashed by cement blocks, burnt by hot tar, and even cut in half by metal sheets. Sounds like a good opening, in my opinion.




Now, some the actual deaths sound a bit off, but, still good, kind of. I mean, if you like watching people get their head's crushed by giant Buddha statues, that is.

In one scene that is apparently a crowd favorite, someone [who is described as everything being a competition in their mind] is at a gymnastics tournament'esque thing, ends up swinging from an uneven bar which causes them to fall off and land in a deadly position, ultimately breaking their spine and leg. Sounds painful. Warner Bros. released the after math of this scene, so I feel that it'd only be fair to show you guys.


 Ouch..

Now, if you've seen the trailer then you should know that there's a scene involving a woman getting LASIK eye surgery, and it goes wrong. Well, she escapes with a destroyed right eye and hand. But, shortly after she gets out of that mess, she trips over a small object and falls out of a window, landing on a car.. and her eye falls out, only to be run over by a car. Sounds like a cheesy The Final Destination moment.

I won't spoil anymore deaths because the rest aren't really in any trailers or TV spots, but, I will spoil the apparent ending.

Final Destination 5 is a prequel, to the first movie. The movie ends with Molly and Sam on Flight 180, we see Alex, from the first, but they characters can't hear what he's saying so they don't get off. The plane eventually explodes and they all die. 

There's a lot more to the movie that I've left out, but hopefully I've said enough to make y'all want to see it as bad as I do.

Note* I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't know if these are exactly how these characters die.

No comments:

Post a Comment