Saturday, August 6, 2011

So, Who's Deserves This Generation's 'Scream Queen' Title?

Well, there's always that one actress who is in a bunch of Horror movies, and she usually becomes known as a "scream queen." Jamie Lee Curtis is the first scream queen, in my opinion. With titles such as Halloween, Terror Train, Prom Night and even The Fog, she definitely deserves that title.

But, a question I've asked myself a lot is "who's my generations scream queen?"

Well, in my opinion it's Crystal Lowe, known for her supporting roles in Final Destination 3 and 2006's Black Christmas.

Crystal Lowe and Chelan Simmons [Final Destination 3]

Crystal also has great roles in movies such as Children of the Corn: Revelations, Wrong Turn 2: Dead End, and Yeti: Curse of the Snow Demon, all of which are very cheesy B-movies.

She has all the elements of what I think makes a scream queen; great looks, great acting, and great roles in films.

My favorite movie she was in definitely is Children of the Corn, one of her first movies.
Though, I've only seen that movie once, in sixth grade, I remember Crystal's role pretty well, and her hilarious fate.


While taking a bath, one of the children from the corn (see what I did there?) walks into her bathroom and drops these weird, demon seeds into her bathtub resulting in corn growing in the tub, and drowning her, while her asshole of a neighbor is pounding on her wall telling her to 'shut the fuck up' as she screams. Instant classic.

She has a very big resume in the acting world, click here to check out a list of movies and shows she's been in!

1 comment: