Sunday, August 7, 2011

Do Movie Studios Reveal Too Much Spoilers?

Watching trailers and TV spots for Scream 4 and Final Destination 5, I've noticed that these studios are giving away too much, too soon. I knew that Jenny, Marnie, Olivia, Robbie, Rebecca and Deputy Hoss all died in Scream 4 just by watching the trailers! They also showed a clip of the killer holding the mask, revealing that they've been filming the murders! That twist was completely ruined, just for some publicity.


Knowing all the surprises when you're watching a movie makes watching the movie a lot less fun, because, you're not wondering what the surprises are, but, wondering when the surprises are going to happen, which, in all honesty, just sucks and ruins the movie.


I now have a dilemma, because of all the trailers, TV spots, and clips released by Warners Bros., I know who dies, and possibly when, in Final Destination 5. I even know the ending, thanks to a TV spot. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very excited to see the film, but, I'm not as excited as I could be. Why? Because the studio itself is spoiling the movie for it's fans.


So, am I the only one who's noticed that the studios are doing this? Or do I just pay too much attention to the movie itself? Tell me your thoughts! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment