Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Super Psycho Sweet 16 Review

In October 2009 I saw a TV Spot on MTV for this cheesy looking slasher flick, due to the fact that it was a horror movie, I marked my calender.

I remember that night perfectly, after watching promotional clips from the movie on Youtube I got excited, one clip in particular was amazing to me.


 Sushi cake anyone?

So I was pretty pumped when the movie started, as soon as it ended I was in love.

For a made-for-tv, MTV "Original" Film, it was amazing.

Yes, the movie looks, and is extremely cheesy, but that is what makes it so good, it's something new, and for a TV movie, the kills were pretty violent, and gorey too. One particularly was my favorite..


Chloe after her beating.

Well, here's what goes down, Chloe plans to spray a fire extingusher on Skye for crashing Madison's sweet 16, thinking Skye is the one who came into the bathroom she runs out too excited to not realize that it wasn't Skye and starts spraying. When she doesn't hear anything from "Skye" she gets kindof uneasy and as the foam disapears Charlie (killer) apears, grabs the extinguisher, hits her on the head, she slams into the wall, cracks her head open, falls to the ground very dizzy and confused, Charlie walks to her and starts beating her head in. All on screen.

Can you tell why it's my favorite scene?

But that's not all that makes the movie good, the story line is pretty original too, I mean it starts out pretty lame, like some cheap direct-to-dvd romantic comedy but 30 minutes into the movie it tunrs into full on slasher flick.

Though most of the blood was CGI but that's okay because the rest of the movie made up for that.


The only non-CGI kill. (from the uncut version)

The kills were great, acting was great, CGI was great, everything was great.

Plus, it stars Julianna Guill, that one girl who everyone remembers from Friday The 13th (2009) who has perfect nipple placement.

I give this movie a 10/10.

Though this movie isn't shown on MTV anymore, you can buy it (FINALLY) on DVD here.

Also check out the newly released sequel which deffinatly lived up to this one.

All pictures are taken from my copy of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment